Budget hearings wrap up in April
Each year, the city of Phoenix’s budget is developed in conjunction with residents, the mayor, city council, city manager and city employees.
The city manager is scheduled to present his preliminary budget for fiscal year 2019-20 to the Phoenix City Council on May 7. In the meantime, community budget meetings continue, where residents can get a snapshot of the tentative budget and give their input. Upcoming meetings include:
- 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 2, Devonshire Community Center, 2802 E. Devonshire Ave.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, Sunnyslope Community Center, 802 E. Vogel Ave.; and Steele Indian School Park Memorial Hall, 300 E. Indian School Road
- 6 p.m. Thursday, April 4, Burton Barr Central Library, 2nd Floor, 1221 N. Central Ave.
- 6 p.m. Monday, April 8, North Mountain Visitor Center, 12950 N. 7th St.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, Metro Tech High School Banquet Hall, 1900 W. Thomas Road
- 6 p.m. Thursday, April 18, Encanto Park Clubhouse, 2605 N. 15th Ave.
The summary budget booklet can be downloaded from: www.phoenix.gov/budget.