Eateries offer deals to benefit kids hospital
Dozens of businesses around the city are showing their support for Phoenix Children’s Hospital this month as part of the hospital’s “Go Gold”initiative to help raise funds and awareness for kids battling cancer during National Pediatric Cancer Awareness month.
Several area restaurants will offer a special menu item with proceeds going to the campaign, or will donate a portion of overall sales to PCH during September. Among them are:
- Miracle Mile Deli, 4433 N. 16th St., which will donate $1 from every “Straw” sandwich sold.
- Sauce Pizza and Wine, 7th St. and Glendale Ave. and 1st St. and Camelback Road, which will donate 100-percent of proceeds from items ordered off the Kids Menu from Sept. 12-18.
- Spinato’s Pizzeria, 5509 N. 7th St., will donate $1 from every dessert sold.
- The Vig (4041 N. 40th St.) and The Vig Uptown (6015 N. 16th St.) will donate $1 from every pint of Four Peaks 8th Street Pale Ale. Also, if a customer takes a picture with their Four Peaks Pale Ale and uploads it to social media using the go gold hashtag (#GoGold4PCH) and tags The Vig location, they will receive 15 percent off their bill.
- Churn, 5223 N. Central Ave., will donate a portion of the proceeds of sales from a specially created, Gold-themed treat. See store for details.
For more information, visit www.gogold4pch.org.